1. Happy Day After Valentine's Day, or as I like to call it, Crashing from the Sugar High Day!
2. I've been riding the revisions roller coaster this week, although this round has been more filled with highs than lows. (This comparison doesn't really work for people like me, who hate roller coasters. I'd rather be on a low point than at the top of a drop. I think I need a new metaphor.)
3. What I've been reading: finishing up an adult mystery novel with a precocious, 11-year-old narrator. I always find it interesting to read books with young protagonists that aren't categorized as kid lit and figure out why. In this case, I think it comes down partly to voice--while I adore the voice in this book, it feels less authentic/more stylized than most MG.
4. What I've been watching: my reward for hard work on revisions has been Downton Abbey. I finished up Season 2 on Wednesday and this weekend I'm planning on catching up with Season 3. I would like Maggie Smith to become my benefactor.
5. Three beautiful words: Three-Day Weekend. A whole extra day to revise, run, relax. What are your plans?