State of Wonder ~ Revolution ~ The Fault in Our Stars ~ The Disenchantments ~ The Handmaid's Tale ~ True Grit ~ Love? Maybe ~ The Future of Us ~ Rebecca ~ The Snow Child ~ All These Lives ~ The Thirteenth Tale ~ Hemlock ~ Enchanted Ivy ~ A Young Wife ~ The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society ~ Wanderlove ~ The Art of Fielding ~ The Espressologist ~ Dear American Airlines ~ American Born Chinese ~ The Book Thief ~ Promise the Night ~ Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone ~ The Time it Snowed in Puerto Rico ~ The Wilding ~ Jellicoe Road ~ Insurgent ~ The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer ~ How Should a Person Be? ~ Laura Rider's Masterpiece ~ Audrey, Wait! ~ Skinny ~ So Much Closer ~ Monstrous Beauty ~ The Conscious Bride ~ Moloka'i ~ The Bungalow ~ MWF Seeking BFF ~ Between Shades of Gray ~ Prairie Evers ~ Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures ~ Liar & Spy ~ Roanoke: The Abandoned Colony ~ Gone Girl ~ Mark Twain in Hawaii: Roughing It in the Sandwich Islands ~ Roanoke: Solving the Mystery of the Lost Colony ~ The Butterfly Clues ~ The Age of Miracles ~ Beautiful Ruins ~ Life As We Knew It ~ The Raven Boys ~ The Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy ~ Samantha Sutton and the Labyrinth of Lies ~ Frost ~ Ask the Passengers ~ Rules of Civility ~ My Very UnFairytale Life ~ Catching Jordan ~ The Year We Left Home ~ Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings ~ Mira's Diary: Lost in Paris ~ Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of Universe
That's 62 books!
27 were YA, and 8 MG. I think 17 of those were 2012 releases.
How did I do on some of my reading goals?
1. Read more books than in 2011: Achieved! I read 52 books in 2011.
2. Catch up on classics: Not much progress here, although I did finally read Rebecca, and I read some obscure Mark Twain.
3. Read some YA Nonfiction: I did! I read The Pregnancy Project.
4. More genres: I read fewer scifi/fantasy books than in 2011, but more thrillers and more historical fiction.
5. Reread old favorites: Total fail. I didn't reread anything. Can you blame me, though, when there are so many wonderful books to read?
This year, I want to keep up my book-a-week pace, read more debuts, and even out my MG-YA reading ratio.