1. I keep my work life mostly off the blog, but since I posted that I was starting a new job I think should tell you that so far I think it's great! I love the books I'm working on. I also love not having to spend 40 hours a week at Penn Station/MSG, and instead I get to spend it downtown. Across from a chocolate factory. Whee!
2. I'm reading Stephen King's 11/22/63. This is significant for a few reasons: a)
it's the first King fiction I've read, although I am kind of obsessed
with On Writing; b) I'm reading it on my (new!) iPad mini, even though I am
still very much a print-book-only person; c) it's 1,000 pages. I'm the
opposite of a reluctant reader, but I have to admit the length gave me
pause. 1,000 pages is a commitment. It's going fast, though, and not just because my commute is longer so I have some reading time.
3. Following the advice of a fellow OneFour KidLit friend, I'm scheduling write
nights/weekend afternoons in my planner to keep
myself from stressing about a lack of writing time lately. Funny how scribbling "Write!" in pen a)
makes me actually work during that time; b) makes me not feel guilty when
I'm taking a night off some other time. Or--let's be honest--less guilty. If people could
win medals for guilt, I would have some shiny gold.
4. What am I working on, writing-wise? Reading through a super-old manuscript, pre-revisions! I'm having fun with it, even if reading something from the back burner feels uncomfortably similar to reading an old diary (the cringing, the occasional cringing).
5. PORTLANDIA IS BACK!!!!! And I'm finally watching Downton Abbey (although I'm only on Season 2--no spoilers, please!)
How was your week?