- Finally read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
- Finally read Bossypants
- Make a dent in my magazine pile
- Write 5K of my shiny new WIP
- Finally read 25 pages of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
- Finally read Bossypants Yes! I did this. More on that later.
Make a dentNot read anything in my magazine pile
5K200 pathetic words of my shiny new WIP
- Saw both of my crazy-awesome grandmas, spent so much quality time with my amazing parentals and my super sister--none of whom I'd seen yet in this calendar year
- Saw my BFF who is back from Germany, finally! And her wonderful sister and parents, too
- Spent hours jogging through prairies and forests, laying on my back in a pool staring at puffy clouds, and eating my weight in real Wisconsin cheese
- Stockpiled enough sun-derived Vitamin D to make up for the fact that I live in a writer's cave
- Relaxed. Finally. Took a break from work-work and writing-work and just played and rested and contemplated and explored
And now it's back to business. :)
*It's weird how I haven't lived in Wisconsin for 10 years but it's still home in a way that, love it dearly but, New York won't ever be.
**Unless you are climbing Everest or voyaging across the ocean or something, when you should accomplish the goal and not get stuck on the mountain/shipwrecked. Lists and plans are a very good thing for vacations like that.